Construction 1a Polyurethane Sealant (Black)
Our Construction 1a Polyurethane Sealant is a premium-grade, high-performance, moisture-cured, 1-component, polyurethane-based, non-sag elastomeric sealant. Meets Federal specification TT-S-00230C, Type II, Class A. Meets ASTMC-920, Type S, Grade NS, Class 35, use T, NT, O, M, G, I; Canadian standard CAN/CGSB 19.13-M87. This sealant comes in a Black color.
- Designed for all types of joints where maximum depth of sealant will not exceed 1/2″
- Excellent for small joints and fillets, windows, door frames, reglets, flashing, common roofing detail applications, and many construction adhesive applications.
- Suitable for vertical and horizontal joints; readily placeable at 40°F
- Has many applications as an elastic adhesive between materials with dissimilar coefficients of expansion
- Submerged conditions, such as canal and reservoir joints.
- Eliminates time, effort, and equipment for mixing, filling cartridges, pre-heating or thawing, and cleaning of equipment.
- Fast tack-free and final cure times.
- High elasticity – cures to a tough, durable, flexible consistency with exceptional cut and tear-resistance.
- Stress relaxation.
- Excellent adhesion – bonds to most construction materials without a primer.
- Excellent resistance to aging, weathering.
- Odorless, non-staining.
- Certified to the NSF/ANSI Standard 61 for potable water.
- Urethane-based; suggested by EPA for radon reduction.
- Paintable with water-, oil- and rubber-based paints.
- Capable of ±35% joint movement.